Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Portfolio Update October 2018

Today I observed a strong window dressing. However, HSI posts the worst performing month since 2016 after window dressing. Some of my counters got adversely impacted by the market. However, the window dressing covered up part of my loss.


As we can see from the table above, the index value of SGX down 7.31% in October, and HSI down 9.88% in the same period. My portfolio index value down 0.87% in October, which is a satisfied result to me. I closed my AUD position and change it back to SGD, as MAS might appreciate SGD and I don't see any force behind AUD to appreciate it at the moment. Kindly correct me if I am wrong, as I didn't do well in my Econ Lecture in college. I saw some political uncertainty in Australia, and I am also concern about the growth of China GDP, which got a heavy impact on AUD.

I started to average the costs down of my holdings. I bought Rivera and ND Paper in October. I will slowly increase my stake in these companies which gives sustainable dividend and I believe I will be able to further average down my costs with the dividend. I am also waiting for Keong Hong report to see if I shall further increase my holding in this company.

As mentioned in my previous portfolio update report, I expected that Air China SSE will drop. Even though today this counter up more than 5%, it is still lower than September closing price by 8%. Without today's window dressing then it should be lower than September closing price by 12.5%! I shall be able to buy it below 7 or even 6.8.

I am also going to increase my investment in China Banks. I will be investing in one of the Major Government Linked Bank in China. I will look into their ROA and bad debt ratio before reaching the final decision.

As mentioned in the last market review, we saw STI went below 3000 in October. I am expecting it to go down again.

Beside this bloody market, I received some good news in this month. I passed my F5, F6 and F8 exams and ACCA notified me that I am the best performing student for my F5 exam in Singapore! Now I got something new to add into my resume ~ I am also going to start an internship with one of the Big 4 and really looking forward to it.

Happy investing. Thanks for reading.

Cheers.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Allen,

    Congrats on passing your exams! Haha it's really impressive to be the best performing student in Singapore!

    Good luck for your internship 👍

    ReplyDelete