Sunday, November 18, 2018

Transaction Update

My laptop finally broke down after 3 years.. I believe that I didn't take good care of it and I just got a new laptop.. Wallet is crying.. Hopefully can earn back soon. I lost all my files in my old laptop... just spent an hour to redo my portfolio performance record.

I sold my entire holdings of Tai Sin Electric few days ago at a price of 0.355, day after they released their disappointing results. I reaslied that it is kind of hopeless (at least for short to mid time frame period), their failed to pass the cost of its inputs to its suppliers, as the management said the competition is fierce in the industry. I first bought Tai Sin at 0.395 in February 2017 and sold it at 0.460 in March 2017. Good profit in a short time period so I gained this unrealistic confident and "fall in love" with this counter. I guess it is the positive results that happened in the past gave me positive impression of this counter, so I gave it nearly 1.5 years chances after I bought it back at 0.440 in May 2017, even though the company was showing the inability to pass the cost to its customers. Based on the face value I made a 20% loss for this trade, but it was offset by the quick profit I made last year, and the dividend I collected. So at the end of day I made small profit after two years. It is a 4+% return in two years so around 2+% in each year... Guess better than the risk free interest (but worse than cpf interest return). I noted that STI was at around 3100 in Feb 2017 so technically my return of this investment is also better than our dear STI's performance. This is another positive result that supports my theory of buying high dividend yield stocks. I also used the dividend to invest in other counters which generated more dividends, but hard to do the calculation so forget about it. d:

There was another stock I bought last time caught my interest again - Asian Pay TV Trust. I even made an estimation on investingnote(which it hit my target price!). I bought this counter in Jan 2017 at 0.415 and sold in the end of Feb 2017 at 0.445, and yes it was another quick profit I made during that period (I also earned a good return from Design Studio, which used to be my favourite stock but now it is in deep trouble I guess). I made a 9+% ROI in two months, but I forgot whether I received any dividend from this counter or not. This counter used to give crazy dividend, and that was the main reason of investing into it. However, I realised that it is paying unsustainable dividend, so I quickly dispose my entire holdings. I am lucky that nothing happened which I was holding this counter, and I shall make sure that I take a deeper look into any company before I make my investment decision, and it is critical. The counter is now trading at 0.167, and if I didn't sell my shares and hold it until today I will make 59% loss (excluding the dividend received, I am lazy to trace its dividend record for two years so please forgive me). Anyway I really appreciate the tracking features of investingnote, it made my life so much easier!

Investment is not easy and it is a sophisticated art. Time is your best friend and worst enemy. 

Hopefully 2019 will be a better year. 

Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment